Sunday, September 6, 2009

Norman, O: Dark Reign

Didn't see it, but Oklahoma losing to BYU shook some things up today. Sam Bradford going down with a shoulder injury reminds me of last year's NFL season. Heisman winner goes down in the first half of the first game just like the NFL MVP Tom Brady went down in the same situation last year. I don't remember his name, but that right tackle for the Sooners got flagged for something like five penalties and is sure to take a fucking beating from the Oklahoma fans. That is the best and worst thing about college football. The fans live and die with their teams, but when they die they tend to lay the blame on some college kid who just had a bad day. I'm all for calling out the professionals but it does sort of rub me the wrong way to see some twenty year old raked over the coals.

And no, I'm not some bang the education drum slowly kind of guys. I suffer from no illusions when it comes to these big program "amateurs". I had a long professional association with a relatively minor D1 college, and even those guys barely counted as amateurs. But still. 20 years old, you know? I wouldn't even want credit for the shit I did at that age, let alone the blame. Shit, I don't want it now, but you know what I mean here...

I didn't see the play, and probably won't until some time tomorrow, I just hope that there is no easy scapegoat. I would rather the fans hate on Bernard Pollard than Matt Light, if that comes across. You're supposed to hate the other team.

Yeah, title is a stretch. I'm tired and I didn't want to disappoint that comic fan who sometimes read this. Funny. I haven't read Dark Reign or watched this football game, but I sure have something to say now don't I...

No comments:

Post a Comment